06 januari 2007

Kathy's questions

I am writing this post in English because it is about some questions Kathy Sierra asked her blog readers to answer. And since I’m a huge fan of Kathy and because her questions are so inspiring, I am happy to answer them here on my blog. Please read Kathy’s post for the context of all this...

I must say that answering these questions is both motivating and confronting. I definitely learned more about myself by doing this. So I encourage all of you to try to answer them for yourself and to write it all down. Maybe you can even share your answers with us? Post them as a comment or send me an email!

There we go:

0) What’s your name and website?
You know that if you’re reading this ;-)

1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why?
If ‘work’ means job, that would be being part of an XP programming team building a software application. If work could be anything I did in my spare time, that would be working on our last Mimosa album (music) or writing the first posts of this blog. ;-)

2a) Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did.
Being as spontaneous, sincere en untroubled as a little child.

2b) Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off.
Write a book.

3a) What two things would you most like to learn or get better at? Why?
- Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign to be able to express myself graphically
- Teaching and presenting things for other people

3b) If you could take a class/workshop from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn?
Milton Erickson. I’d hope to learn his insights and intuition about how people function and his use of language to connect and work with people.

4a) What three words might your best friends or family use to decribe you?
Efficient, reliable, sometimes un-empathical

4b) Now list two more words you wish described you.
Inspiring, sincere.

5) What are your top three passions ever?
In order of appearance:
- playing the guitar / Mimosa
- the relationship with my girlfriend
- my blog

6) Write and answer one more question that you would ask someone.
What’s the last book you read and enjoyed? Mine was ‘Indecision’ by Benjamin Kunkel.

7) What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?
What are the values and beliefs behind what I do in life and aren't they limiting me to grow and be truly happy?

Well, that's it for me. Up to you now!

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

0/www.mievanrensbergen.be
1/fotograferen
2a/elke dag buikspieroefeningen doen, springen met de springtouw en gezond eten
b/een verre reis maken
3a/-de dingen waar ik al mee bezig ben zoals fotografie, kalligrafie, vormgeving...
-mijn gevoelens op de juiste moment uiten
3b/ansel adams
4a/sociaal, bezig
4b/evenwichtig
5/-praten met vrienden en familie
-creatief bezig zijn
-lezen
6/wat was je fijnste moment vandaag? het kindje helder op mijn schoot een half uur lang dicht bij voelen.
7/Kun je geluk nastreven? wat betekent geluk?

Jef, leren we elkaar zo nog ietsie beter kennen? kunnen we verbaasd zijn over elkaars antwoorden? groetjes, mie